Friday, November 1, 2013

Tic Tac Toe

Hello and a joyful "servus" from Vienna this time!

It's me, Claudia, and before I present to you the challenge I chose for you I would just like to make some announcements on behalf of the Our Creative Corner Team.


We are very sad to announce that Margie isn't on the team at OCC any more - we wish her all the best and lots of happiness on her crafty journey! We have a new DT member who you are sure to know and already be a huge fan of......

........please join us in welcoming Astrid from Astrid's Artistic Efforts

I love journaling, altering all sorts of objects and playing about 
with gesso, acrylic paints, collage and many layers. Often I use 
my stamps more for creating backgrounds rather than as a main 
focal point. My style is almost always vintage, but can vary from 
being more shabby chic to being grungy distressed, depending on 
what mood I am in and what materials fall into my hands.

I draw my inspiration from many different sources, but mainly 
from other artists and nature.

I am hugely excited to be part of this team and really look forward 
to sharing my work and seeing what everyone else is creating for the challenges.


    We are all thrilled Astrid said yes when asked if she would like to join us - we are sure you will all be eagerly awaiting to see the gorgeous creations she will make to inspire you each month. Astrid will be here with the rest of the team on the 15th.

***



But for now I have the very great pleasure of bringing to you 
the challenge for November and I decided that we should play one of my favourites:

 Steampunk Tic Tac Toe!

So all you have to do is use three of the ingredients from the diagram that are in a straight line (horizontally, vertically or diagonally) when creating your projects for our challenge and name them in your post!



You may create any "level" of steampunk - either just add some typical steampunk elements or dive deep into steampunk. So this is a challenge for steampunk lovers as well as for those who step out of their comfort zones and give it a try (which I can really recommend as steampunk is a lot of fun to do;). Just keep in mind that we want to see crafted projects and/or stamped images with your creations instead of digital makes.

Before linking your projects with our collection (or if you haven't been here before), please, make sure that you read (and follow) the challenge rules (to be found in the side bar) properly, otherwise I will have to skip your entry when picking the winner and Top3. :(

Winner and Top3 for this challenge will be announced on the 8th of December, so make sure you come back to see if you are one of them! And next week, on November 8th, Julia will be announcing her winner and Top3 for the "It's Halloween - let's tag it on!" challenge!  I am sure picking them will be a hard job for her as you all entered so many fabulous projects to her challenge!!!  

But now let's head on to the bundle of fab inspiration my talented teamies and I made for you! 




With my grubby mits firmly clenched around a Wendy Vecchi 'Flourishes' stencil and techniques from Creative Chemistry 102 still fresh in my mind, I went for the centre line - "flourish, texture, a heart" - and threw in a large helping of cogs, gears and washi tape for good measure.



Julia


I decided to make a Gentleman's Travelling Box. Any Steampunk Gentleman would be able to pop their valuables in this little box and hide it amongst their possessions or on their person. I've used the central line of the grid: gears, texture - from embossing grunge board and DecoArt products - and travel.




I chose the top line 'Wings, Gears and Wire'. I began by trying to think of a way to make something using ONLY these items! After a lot of work with wire and pliers and not a trace of ink or paint in sight, I had combined these wonderful Steampunk elements into a treasured pendant.





I decided to go for the line that says "gears - texture - transport" and altered the cover of a sketchbook. I used stencils, some die cut gears, acrylic colours, decorating paste, white gesso, metallic rub ons, some metal embellishments and a lot more to create a lot of yummy texture.

***

Well, this should definitely have made your imagination run wild with ideas for your own Steampunk Tic Tac Toe makes!!! I can't wait to see what you will come up with! 

Hugs and happy crafting!

Claudia
xxx




9 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you sooo much, ladies,

    for providing all those fab, fab makes for "my" challenge!!! :)
    LOVE hosting this one! ;)

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sorry to see Margie go but will keep a close eye on her always beautiful makes. A warm welcome to Astrid whose work I always love. Wonderful work from the DT. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these makes are fabulous. You have a most talented team. Sorry to see Margie go but at the same time you picked up another great talent with Astrid.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the fun challenge this week! Beautiful, creative samples too, ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I simply cannot contain my excitement that Astrid is now a part of this very creative team. Welcome Astrid and looking forward to much inspiration from you. Good luck to Margie on her new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous work by the DT. I'm another of Astrid's followers and I adore her work too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great challenge and wonderful work from the DT, so inspiring! And speaking of inspiration, I can't wait to see what that incredible talent, Astrid, will be sharing! Great choice and congratulations to Astrid and OCC! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work by your design team!

    Thanks for a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful DT makes and I am so thrilled to play along this month

    Hugs

    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx